6 Things to Mull Over When Hiring an Interior Design Company
When searching for an interior design company in Dubai, the possibilities are endless. An interior decorating firm can provide great value to your investment from the initial design consultation to the final walk-through. To make things easier for you, here are seven things you should mull over when hiring an interior design company.
1. What is Their Approach to Design?
Design is more than selecting color schemes and furniture or choosing accessories. A professional service should provide detailed consultation and review that will allow you and the decorator to discuss your needs and design approach presented to you for your review.
2. What Kinds of Spaces Do They Work With?
It’s important to understand the spaces the interior decorating company works with. Interior decorators typically specialize in certain types of rooms, such as kitchens; bathrooms; entry, hall, and powder rooms, living rooms, family rooms, and guest rooms, bedrooms, including master suites; dining rooms, entertainment spaces (media rooms, game rooms); and the exterior spaces surrounding the home. Some interior decorators are generalists who can work with various types of rooms or decorators who are experts in a specific room within the home.
3. Do They Have Experience With Your Style?
Another important consideration is whether the interior decorators have experience with your style. For example, if you are looking for an eclectic look, the best person to hire is someone specializing in eclectic designs.
4. Who Will Be the Primary Designer Working on Your Project?It’s essential to understand who will be working with you throughout the design process. Make sure you are working with the designer who is leading the team. You should also know if other designers will be working on your project.
5. Are Their Decorators Fully Licensed and Insured?Interior decorators must be fully licensed in the state where they are doing business. Ensure your interior decorator has a current, valid license to practice in your state/city. Also, verify if the company is insured.
Remember, you’re hiring a professional to help create the designs and decor of your home and business. You’ll want to work with knowledgeable and experienced professionals who can help create a space that will meet your needs and reflect your taste.
6. What Will the Interior Decorator Be Working On?Typically, the interior decorator will spend time with you on an initial consultation, either at your home or at their office. You’ll discuss the scope of work and the budget for the project. The designer will also ask you about your likes and dislikes. You’ll then work with the designer to create a design that reflects your style and needs – from colors, fabrics, and furniture selections to lighting and accessories. You’ll also talk about installing furnishings, such as window treatments and furniture.
Look for an interior decorating company that provides clients with a detailed proposal, including a description of the work and costs.